Saturday, July 31, 2010

Why do people give such bad advice like ';the name of the school you attend doesn't matter';?

I was dumb enough to follow this advice. I attended a college that was way below my ability. I graduated at the top, but I didn't really have many opportunities after graduation. It was difficult to find a decent job and none of the top graduate schools would accept me.





*The school I attended is an accredited university that has been around for over 100 years. So, I did not attend some online university.Why do people give such bad advice like ';the name of the school you attend doesn't matter';?
Not everybody gives bad advice. If you follow everybody's advice that you get, you won't get very far in life. I make it a point not to follow anybody else's advice. I make my own choices. That way, the consequences are my own as well.





ps. I really answered this question because I think your profile name is ';entirely inappropriate';. Mr. Obama is not a saviour of any kind and it is very offensive to have to read the profile name in that context in this category. Just putting it out there.Why do people give such bad advice like ';the name of the school you attend doesn't matter';?
sorry, but you said it yourself, ';I was dumb enough to follow advice'; so now you'll reap what you sowed. You know yourself more than anyone, so you should have had better judgement. Don't be so hard on yourself though, i'm sure your a very accomplished person.


Just keep trying. Dont give up!
People who graduated with honers from schools like Harvard have a hard time finding employment right after school this day and age, in this jacked up economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment