Thursday, July 29, 2010

Do people generally seek advice as confirmation of a held opinion they already posses?

Only in some situations. Sometimes people seek advice when they have absolutely no idea what to do.Do people generally seek advice as confirmation of a held opinion they already posses?
Yeah, I do ask for advice a lot.. And when my friends tell me something I don't want to hear, I usually get angry - and they point out that I ask, and then I'm like.. oh.





I think, at least on a subconscious level, that when people ask for advice they are looking to have their opinion confirmed.Do people generally seek advice as confirmation of a held opinion they already posses?
Yes, although you can ask advice because you have no previous knowledge of something. Like when you have a baby, you ask advice from others who have had that experience already :)
I think so...it seems that whenever I give someone advice that is not what they want to hear, it doesn't help the relationship.





And on yahoo answers, I get a thumbs down when I give advice that goes against what the asker wants to do!
yes. I believe that is what advice is. ';Something you already know the answer to, you just want to hear it from someone else.';





It happens. It helps us in the long run.
Only if they do not have full confidence in themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment