Thursday, July 29, 2010

People who can cook I need advice?

I am making a creamy salmon pasta dish and I haven't made it for ages can't remember the order I need to do it in. Does this sound right or does anything need changing. fry onion %26amp; garlic in some oil, add mushrooms fry then some white wine then some double cream. flake in some salmon and some precooked broccoli. When sauce is thick enough add cherry tomatoes and dill to finish? What do you think is that going to turn out horrible?People who can cook I need advice?
sounds great where did you say you lived lolPeople who can cook I need advice?
Ingredients:





This dish is one that I often cook when I have visitors. It's really hard to mess up, requires minimal preparation and is presentable enough for respectable company.





- Salmon (one steak)


- Whipping cream (200ml or 13.5 tablespoons)


- Spaghetti (or linguine)


- Cayenne (teaspoon)


- Tomato Puree (teaspoon)


- Parsley (a few leaves, coarsely chopped)


Step 1:





Firstly stick the salmon in the oven (220 Celsius degrees or 430 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes should do it), since it takes longer to cook than anything else in this recipe. I usually season it with a bit of ground pepper and lemon juice. Note that one steak should be enough for two people, there are two here because I want a salmon salad for lunch tomorrow.





Step 2:





Give the salmon a 10-15 minute head start, then come back and put spaghetti on to boil.





Step 3:





When the salmon is cooked it should be a light pink color and flake apart easily when prodded.





Step 4:





Break the salmon into flakes.





Step 5:





When the pasta is within a couple of minutes of being done, put the hob on a low heat, melt a small amount of butter, add the whipped cream, one teaspoon of cayenne pepper, a small amount of tomato puree and some salmon.





Step 6:





Gently heat this for five minutes until hot (but NOT boiling!). Add some chopped parsley and the spaghetti, mix well, ensuring that the spaghetti is completely coated in sauce:





Step 7:





I chose to serve this dish with some garlic bread and the sense of quiet self loathing that comes with cooking a nice meal for one person.
I am no great chef but I know what I like and some of my friends like. I do a very similar thing with two minor differences....a good load of ground pepper and chop the cherry tomatoes into quarters...Oh and a third...I mix it altogether rather than serve it on top of the pasta....but then each to his own.


Bon Apetit!!
Sounds lovely - make sure you lower the heat before the cream goes in or it'll curdle and I'd microwave the salmon gently but right through before you flake it into the mix. Good luck.
The entire process is nicely depiced however take care to boil pasta and put it bit olive oil and keep in seperate bowl to get seperate and nice
Sounds good to me. And if it will be need to get thicker, add some cornstarch ( mix with water first) but cornstarch has no taste.
Sounds great, only thing I'd change, I might serve the tomatoes fresh on top rather than cooking in the sauce. Either way it would be yummmy
Oven roast the tomatoes on the vine.
I THINK IT RIGHT.
Sounds yummy! Go for it
Sounds perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment