Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm shy and I'm going to a BBQ where I don't know a lot of people. Any advice?

The few people I do know, I don't even know well. I'm nervous. Any tips to not do anything to make myself awkward?I'm shy and I'm going to a BBQ where I don't know a lot of people. Any advice?
Just walk in and smile - say hello to the people you know and try to introduce yourself to at least a couple of people you don't know. YOu can always ask the host if there is anything you can do to help out and that will keep you busy. Remember - you were invited because they want you there, so they like you already. Have a great time!I'm shy and I'm going to a BBQ where I don't know a lot of people. Any advice?
ha ha I'm 15 and been there before trust me!! my advice would be just be yourself, don't hide from the crowd that will only get you noticed in the way you don't want to be, make your self known talk to people with casual light conversation even introducing your self to people is getting father than you would saying nothing and those people that you kind of know but not to well, try to get to know them better and talk with them as well as other people. and pick out an out fit that your confident in because your confidence will show and that make you more approachable to other people. :)





hope my advice helps you out


love Tammy
I am pretty shy and awkward myself, but have recently improved a lot!





I've noticed one big problem with your mindset: you're focusing on the negative; the things that COULD potentially go wrong. The difference between your current state of mind and that of the social butterfly is only one thing: a negative/positive outlook!





Instead of worrying about worrying, think about something else! Bring some food so you feel like you've contributed! Just think of the new friends you could meet, all of the tasty food you'll eat!





It's easier said than done, but practice makes perfect.





Plus, everyone is too busy worrying about themselves to worry about you anyways!
you could bring your own car so that after you eat and things get cleaned up you can leave if you're bored.





Shy is cute when you're a kid but embarrassing when you're an adult. If you're an adult then you need to learn some negotiating skills, so go there with an open mind, see what others are talking about and their approach when they try to talk with others (and if it's accepted or not) and take it from there. To have a friend you have to first be a friend. Just remember though they are acquaintances and not really friends so don't get into personal things about yourself nor ask personal questions.
Well, just try and make friends. You will have more fun when your having fun with someone you never talk to other than someone you always talk to and is sick of. You'll have longer conversations because the person your talking to will tell them about themselves and you'll tell them about yourself and they'll introduce you to their friends and have a lot of fun. Just be yourself and try to talk to people that look like they would be fun to be around.
im the same way i just recently had this happen my husband bought a truck from some guy and then he invited my husband and i to a bbq and he said bring your wife as well theres other ladies inside and i was freaking out bc i didnt know them so when i got there i just ended up dropping my hubby off solo i got so nervous and i said u go ahead i ll be back for you the thing with me is that ive always been very insecure about myself i have a five o clock shadow and its not very prettty lol and i try to keep away from crowds i get so jittery but its not something im proud of alot of ppl think that im stuck up and i dont want to hang out or say hi the problem with me is mainly bc of the way i look i hope you have a good time relax and just let the fun come naturally when they joke laugh when asked a question just answer them and try to make the conversation lasts
just be yourself, who cares if someone doesn't like you, remember you're a person too just like them, nothing to be afraid or shy about...
Have a few drinks - that always helps!
man up.


dont be a pussy

No comments:

Post a Comment