Saturday, July 31, 2010

People who give out advice are those who really need to learn it themselves?

I find that when I advise people of something, something rings true in me, but is not yet a part of me.. I don't necessarily understand truly what advice I dish out, and need to slowly understand it. Anyone else know this or think so too?





Also, i know an advice giver who never takes their own advice..





Any advice or opinion ;)? :PPeople who give out advice are those who really need to learn it themselves?
so what, exactly, is the advice you are giving here???





Another piece of bollox is....' people who can.... DO!!! Those who can't .... TEACH!'... Ditto...'people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw f'cking stones!!!!'


You learn something every day, don't you?? Thanks for teaching me F'CK ALL!!!!People who give out advice are those who really need to learn it themselves?
When I feel the most healthy, I do not give advise. I really dont know what is best for someone else....I do know what my own experience has been and I try to share that. I dont like people to give me unsolicited advise because they dont know what is BEST for me. When I hear things like..';you should have..or should not have';, the hair on the back of my neck stands up. I DID what I did based on the information I had at the time so whatever I did was exactly the thing I ';should have done';. I get to live with the consequences of my choices, just as everyone else does. I also want to vomit when I hear people say to someone else..';you shouldn't feel that way';. Well you know what??? I DO feel that way and it is totally OK to feel the way I do. Again, my responsibility is to realize that feelings are NOT FACTS and no matter what I'm feeling, they pass.


I agree that I will learn from my own sharing of experience.


Happy New Year.
I think this is true sometimes, but not all of the time. One of my social work professors told my class that many people who are clinical social workers, are battling a mental disorder themselves.
I often try to live up to the advice that I give. There are some things you learn through experience, however, and many times I find that people do not really follow the advice because they have not learned it, as I did, from experience. After they experience it for themselves, they often tell me that I was right. At that point I say not to take it too hard, they will live through it just as I did, and may be better for it.
Sometimes the advice we give out is the advice we see as best fit that we haven't been able to take on yet, completely, for one reason or another(laziness, obstacles, lengthy project, etc). So I definitely think its true.





However, don't assume that all people who give out advice are like this. That would be a fallacy to assume ALL people are like this.
I also agree, which is why I pretty much don't actively seek personal advice from people I don't know personally. Anybody could just make something up off the top of their head that sounds good or correct, but at the same time have no personal experience or insight whatsoever in what they are talking about. People just love to give advice like that, especially online (we're all guilty). Instead I usually stick with asking questions not so much about life but about sports, music, politics and such. However, if I do come across what appears to be good advice I may take it.
Advice is from people who have had experience of a situation and opinion is only that an opinion, whether advise is taken , understood and acted upon is down to the persons own situation and ability to grasp the significance of it, people always seek advise but rarely heed it. Human nature is that way it seems. When seeking advice we are hoping that the decision will be made in the answers but some advise we can clearly see is false or poor, and given from people who don't have the experiences to have seen the situation from start to its conclusion.


The older I get, I gain more experience of life issues and for me it seems I should have done something differently or listened a bit more, ultimately we must make our own decisions and suffer the consequences with each and everyone of them, trivial or life changing, its a leap into the unknown, but hey thats just my opinion!!
We all have lessons to learn, we all do wrong and nobody is perfect. Usually knowledge is gained from experience so if someone is giving advice they recognize it as part of their liefs lessons that's why they have some info on it. Don't analyze too much just get through your own red tape. I cant say an advice giver is one who never takes it. Take Mum for instance, a wise lady who practices what she preaches. The advice I give is how I live. This is what life has taught me.
I think you're right. Many times if you look at the people who are the finger pointers (like some politicians, for example) blowing about how wrong something is, or what someone has done, etc. you'll find out that they are big time offenders in the same thing they're yelling about. And giving advice can be that way .....we all just need to pay attention to what we are advising and ask ourselves if we are living right too.

No comments:

Post a Comment