Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why does some people excel in giving an advice but cannot make good if they are in the situation?

Knowledge comes from research and investigation. Understanding comes from the experience, being in the thick of it so to speak. Wisdom comes from being outside the situation with both the Knowledge and the Understanding.





I know my mistakes as well as my successes and have learnt from them. I can tell you in hindsight what these lessons are, not at the time though. Understanding them is one thing. Being able to remove yourself from it gives a sort of omnipotent point of view. You know what it may be like to be in the situation and yet can see the whole picture.





When in the thick of it, you only see a portion of what is going on, and you also have to worry about what is happening to you. This worry can engage instinctual, occasionally selfish, survival behaviours that can over-ride common sense, blinding you.





Being able to apply removed wisdom when you yourself are in the middle of it all is a rare talent as far as I am concerned. I know a few who can and I do not consider myself one of them. I am humble enough to admit that I can easily get caught up in the flow and 'ignore' my own best advice.Why does some people excel in giving an advice but cannot make good if they are in the situation?
It boils down to the old saying : '; Do as I say, Not as I do ';Why does some people excel in giving an advice but cannot make good if they are in the situation?
We do try, and with practice we'll make it.
the problems clearer from the outside then from the inside
Its so much easier to be on the outside looking in and realize what you'd do then to realize what to do when you are caught up in the middle of the same situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment