Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do you think you are wasting time giving sincere advice to people that ask illiterate questions?

I try to write a thoughtful note and give advice from the heart but I think I am wasting time because some of these people just keep on asking weirder and weirder questions. Most of the time I just think I am wasting time and what I write to them is ignored.Do you think you are wasting time giving sincere advice to people that ask illiterate questions?
I agree with you. I've only answered a few questions, but have put a lot of thought and effort in giving the best possible answer only to have an answer as short as no chosen as the best answer. I feel, of course, that it was the objective of the writer. Just asking a question to sort of make fun of those who answer the questions thoughtfully. I don't know, just my opinion.Do you think you are wasting time giving sincere advice to people that ask illiterate questions?
I know exactly what you mean ... ';Wat du u think uv a gurl hu hooks up with a boi undr the bleechers?';





Before I answer such a question, I look to see if they have added details under the main question. If they have, and it looks like a sincere question, I'll do my best to write a thoughtful answer. If the initial question is all there is, I ignore it and go on to the next question to catch my interest.





The lack of proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation on questions of this kind makes me wonder at the state of current education! I realize that some of it comes from the constant use of text messaging, their slang, and the shorthand the kids use in the online chat rooms. All that can't explain everything, though! I know language is in constant flux, but this latest trend has me in great despair! Do I have any company in that?
I understand you, but I just ignore those questions.
Just don't give advice to the people asking asinine questions.
sometimes
How can a question be illiterate?????

No comments:

Post a Comment