Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why do people ask a question about their betta on here and get rude when you leave advice?

Someone posted a question about their betta, admitted to never changing the water, that they only add water when it evaporates, admits to it being a bad thing to do then says their betta is dieing what should they do.... so I answer then I get a nasty email about how I know nothing. I have been experienced with bettas for 15 years. If you dont like my advice you dont have to take it. Simple.Why do people ask a question about their betta on here and get rude when you leave advice?
We as top contributors deal with nasty emails like that all the time


I know it's hard, but there are still people out there that do care, unfortunately there will always be people like the one you came accross


Just ignore it and keep answering











Hope that helps


Good luck











EBWhy do people ask a question about their betta on here and get rude when you leave advice?
Lol....because most people can't handle the truth.
I've been lucky enough that no one has sent me an email yet


although I've been told off on additional details to their questions


I myself have kept bettas for over 10 years


and I've talked to alot of pro betta breeders as well as read every betta care book I can get my hands on


I consider myself fairly knowledgeable on proper betta habitats, betta nutrition, betta tank mates, the different breeds of bettas, betta color pigmentation, basic betta diseases, and other betta care info


..................................


just delete these e-mails


some people on here aren't looking for advice


they are looking for someone to tell them that ';it's no big deal, it's just a fish';


that way they don't have to feel as guilty for neglecting their pet


we get the same types of questions in the dogs and cats and rodents departments as well


in fact


I think validation that ';it's just a pet'; is something sought throughout the Y!A pets section


it's sad really that so many people aren't here for advice


they just want permission to continue to abuse and neglect the animals in their care without feeling guilty


......................................鈥?br>

ignore the ignorant people


there are still some people on here seeking true advice


and you shouldn't be put off about giving advice to the people who need it


for the thought that the person might send you a nasty e-mail which can just be deleted


ignore the ignorance


and try to have some fun with your Y!A account


we need all the truly knowledgeable people we can get on Y!A
You hit it right when you said if they don't like your advice, don't take it. You don't have to take their nasties. Some people are just ignorant and wouldn't take anybodies advice on anything. Ignore them and delete. Even though I have over 35 years experience in raising and breeding all sorts of tropicals and in the past worked in a pet shop, I still enjoy the answers from some of Top Contributors. Even though I sometimes do not agree with their answers, I respect their opinions and they get me to thinking on trying something new.


Bottom Line: Keep on contributing, some of us out here still appreciate your advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment