Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why do people in general, get so mad when they receive unsolicited advice?

Why do people in general, get so mad when they receive unsolicited advice?


Have you noticed it? They react very rude.





I simply ignore unsolicited advice without getting mad.Why do people in general, get so mad when they receive unsolicited advice?
Hmm. I guess it can be for a number of reasons.





First, in general we don't like to admit we are wrong or that someone else might have a better way of doing things.





Also take into consideration that our society is less interdependent than it used to be. My mother grew up poor, without tv or computers. They had to know their neighbors because they needed things from them, pool their resources to get by. I grew up middle class and I don't need to say anything to my neighbors but ';hi';, if that much. With a lifestyle like this I suppose it's not a surprise that we aren't that open to unsolicited advice and tend to resent it.





Lastly, I think it depends on the situation and quality of advice. If some stranger told me I was doing my job wrong when they have no ideal what they are talking about I might get mad too!Why do people in general, get so mad when they receive unsolicited advice?
ignoring it is the way to go, but most of us can't do that. we're american and defiante by nature. besides, no one likes to be told what to do.
Because it makes them feel like the other person doesn't think they know how to handle it or take care of it on their own.
Because they didn't ask for it.
  • oil companies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment