Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Successful business people - what is your one piece of advice?

What is your one piece of advice for those who are moving their way up in a company. What one thing has added to your success?Successful business people - what is your one piece of advice?
Luck will be one of the biggest determinants of your success. If you fail, you can't take it personally. Sometimes luck is not on your side..Successful business people - what is your one piece of advice?
Listen to people. I have recently met several investors looking at my company in a next series of funding - one thing I have noticed they do is speak very little and listen to everyone. They don't care small or big, no title or major title, they listen to your story or angle and make their decisions accordingly.





In a similar fashion, one thing is similar to my story is that I try to empathize with everyone. A product changes hands many many different times, and I try to understand each person that my product interacts with. Understanding the end-user is not my goal, I need to understand how my product interacts with everyone and make their life a little easier. ';Walk a mile in their shoes'; is an old adage which still holds true today. Sometimes something really really indirect makes the difference of getting your product sold over another company's.
suck up to the boss... lots

No comments:

Post a Comment