Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Advice from people who have been/are on Accutane?

I have extremely mild acne as I have been religiously taking EXTREME care of my face for the past couple of months. However, my face is still VERY oily. I used to have VERY BAD acne (even my teachers and friends commented) in the past, probably because I did not take good care of my face.





However, currently, I have just like a couple of teenie weenie bumps on my face, and with, of course, red marks (scars) from my terrible past. I went to my doctor few days back and she prescribed me Isotretinion (Accutane). I was previously on antibiotics (doxycycline) for like 8 months already.





My questions are:


1.Will my skin get really that dry as everyone is saying?


2.Should I avoid the sun as much as possible?


3.Any other things I should take note?





Thanks for taking your time to answer.Advice from people who have been/are on Accutane?
Isotretinoin is used to treat severe recalcitrant nodular acne (a certain type of severe acne) that has not been helped by other treatments, such as antibiotics. Isotretinoin is in a class of medications called retinoids. It works by slowing the production of certain natural substances that can cause pimples to form.


Please see the web pages for more details on Isotretinoin (generic name) Accutane (brand name).

No comments:

Post a Comment