Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need advice from Black people or African Americans, whichever is politically correct?

Would you want someone to tell you if a white person who is of course friendly to your face but makes ';N'; jokes while you're not around? I don't know if I should tell him or just mind my own business. These are people who know each other through going to the local pub so it's not like they're best friends but I still think it's 2 faced.I need advice from Black people or African Americans, whichever is politically correct?
Black people KNOW that some whites who we work with or socialize with use such words and negative stereotypes behind our backs, it's a given, we dont necessarily know exactly WHO does this, but racists will drop their guard at one point or another, like when theyre lit up with alcohol, it's not necessary to point them out...but if you really want to turn him out, ask him to repeat one of his famous jokes while your AA friend is present, and see what happens.I need advice from Black people or African Americans, whichever is politically correct?
Most of us can already tell if someone is faking it. I don't let that change who I am though. I smile to thier face too, I just watch my back around them.
I don't know - but I think it's a good sign that you are bothered by it. Sometimes I think the only hope we have as a society is the people who are neithher a minority or majority that reject hatred.
I refuse to be politically correct. This hyphenated American stuff is male bovine excrement. Either you're an American or you're not. You can't be both. And I'd like to see these 'African-Americans' show me where they're from in Africa. What if someone was of the following ancestry: FRENCH, ITALIAN, GERMAN, SWISS, ALGERIAN, NAVAJO (old shipmate of mine was that mixture)? Can you imagine the hyphenated mess they'd have?


Come on people..if you're an American, be proud of it! SAY SO...and leave the hyphens where they belong, in the trash.


Making jokes of someone because of their ethnic make up is juvenile. The truck driver where I work used to come into our office and make comments about (4 retired Navy guys) the RICH OLD REDNECKS. He came in one day and saw me reading a book. He asked if that was 'one of those redneck books.' I told him it was a book that 'you colored boys wouldn't understand.' He never used the term REDNECK again. I guess he got my point.


By the way, I'm originally from N. Mich, Bob is from S. Mich, Tony is from upstate NY and Charlie from Chicago.
It's nice to know that you are concerned. But I'd suggest that if you do not want to be associated with a 2 faced person, then sever ties with her.





But as many have all ready stated, we know when someone is being fake, ain't keepin it real. I'd suggest either confronting her (the White woman) and asking her why she says the things she does. If you want to rat her out then rat her out! I'm sure the other woman has some idea that she's being fake and will appreciate your candor and thoughtfulness.





And forget that PC stuff, most Black folks do not use African American when they are in everyday talk, we just say Black. If you are in a convo with Blacks just say Blacks, they will repsect you more, you will be sincere and you will be keepin it real in our eyes instead of trying to be PC.
No. Confront the white person, and find out why they are fronting in front of the black person.

No comments:

Post a Comment